Legendary New York City DJ and graffiti writer DJ Kay Slay has passed away following COVID-19 battle.
According to veteran Hip Hop promoter Van Silk, the 55-year-old died on Easter Sunday (April 17, 2022), about 4 months after being hospitalized with COVID-19.
“Hip Hop lost a real gem. My dear brother is gone. I have known him since he was sixteen years old. He was my little brother. I introduced him to many and we did a lot of things together. We last talked December because we were finishing up the 200 rolling deep project.” told Silk in a statement with HipHopDX.
To honor the legendary producer, we have listed some of the best songs he has made with Shady Records artists, from Eminem and 50 Cent to D12 and Slaughterhouse. #RestInPece
1. DJ Kay Slay – “I’m Gone,” featuring Eminem and Obie Trice.
2. DJ Kay Slay – “Census Bureau,” featuring D12.
3. DJ Kay Slay – “50 Shot Ya,” featuring 50 Cent.
4. DJ Kayslay – “Rolling 50 Deep,” featuring Royce 5’9″ and 49 other rappers.
5. DJ Kay Slay – “Respect The Architect,” featuring Conway The Machine, Busta Rhymes & Benny the Butcher.
6. DJ Kay Slay – “Freestyle,” featuring Eminem.
7. DJ Kay Slay – “Kayslay Freestyle,” featuring Slaughterhouse.